Veterans Resource Center

Auburn University

Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance

Each military service branch and component has their own criteria for Tuition Assistance eligibility, military service obligation, application process and restrictions. It is recommended you speak with your chain of command and an Auburn University representative for further guidance to request your TA benefits.

Prior to enrolling and using tuition assistance at Auburn University, please speak with your Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within your military service.

For more information, review your military service website for details on your eligibility and the process for requesting tuition assistance.

Military Educational Benefit Information

TA is a tuition reimbursement program. Payments are made directly to the university by your branch of military service. You are responsible for any costs over and above what your eligible TA benefits provide. For information regarding payment deadlines and payment plan options, please visit the “My Finances” tab of your AU Access.

To Apply for Tuition Assistance

Follow the instructions for your military service branch regarding how to request Tuition Assistance (TA) through the perspective portal for your course(s) in your military education portal. Take note of the TA application instructions/deadlines specific to your branch and Auburn University academic calendar to ensure your request is processed in a timely manner.

After Admission…

  1. Receive Academic Advising.
  2. Register for courses in Tiger Scheduler.
  3. Request Tuition Assistance by submitting Authorizations to Charles Snoddy in the Business Office of Student Financial Services. (334) 844-4634

For each term, service members can begin requesting TA 60 days prior to the start of classes.

All TA requests must be submitted and approved at least seven days prior to the start of classes each semester to allow time for processing. TA requests submitted fewer than seven business days before the start date and that are not approved prior to the start date will not be considered for TA funding for that term.

For any questions regarding submitting a Tuition Assistance (TA) form, please contact the Charles Snoddy in the Business Office of Student Financial Services. (334) 844-4634.

Military Branch Education Portals

General Information about Military Tuition Assistance

  • TA is exclusive to currently serving members of the Armed Forces. If your ETS date falls during the academic semester you will not get TA for that semester.
  • TA is requested on a course-by-course basis, and each course must be part of an approved degree program.
  • TA cannot be used for a lateral degree (you cannot use TA to earn a 2nd bachelor’s degree)
  • TA can be reimbursed for up to 100% of the course cost, not to exceed $250 per credit hour; up to $4500 per fiscal year applies for Air Force, Navy, and Marines. Army cannot exceed $250 per credit hour; up to $4000 per fiscal year and Coast Guard cannot exceed $250 per credit hour; up to $2250 per fiscal year. (Fiscal year resets on October 1)
  • TA may NOT cover all course fees.
  • TA can be used in conjunction with the GI Bill®, but with some restrictions; contact Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at Auburn University for guidance at 334-844-8167 or email
  • TA requests should be completed prior to the start of the semester. Each military service branch has its own deadline.
  • You must clear all prior balances and holds with the University to confirm your schedule each term.
  • TA is a tuition reimbursement program; you will not receive an up-front payment. Payments are made directly to the University and may be applied later in the semester. You must pay all tuition due on your account when viewable. If you cannot pay the amount due by the confirmation date, the University offers the option to pay in full or to pay via participation in a payment plan. Payments not made by the provided deadline will result in schedule cancellation and late fee. Accounts that do not have TA applied must still be confirmed. Please visit Auburn University payment information page for more information.

Auburn University Military Scholarships

Auburn University also has additional scholarships available to help with additional expenses. Please visit the scholarships page for more information on how to apply.

Military/Veteran Contact Information

TA – The POC for all TA students in Mr. Charles Snoddy. Charles can be reached at (334) 844-4634 or by email.

VA Education Benefits: For questions about  VA Education Benefits please contact the Veterans Resource Center.  You can email them at or call the office at 334-844-8167.

Job Search Support – Students can receive help with job search through Auburn Universities Career Center located in Mary Martin Hall. They can be emailed at or called at 334-844-4744.

Title IV Funding is handled in the Financial Aid Office. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information. 334-844-4634

The Office of Accessibility can help with any accommodations that is needed. They can be contacted at334-844-2096 or emailed at

Other assistance around campus may be found on the VRC website.


Last modified: November 28, 2023