Veterans Resource Center

Auburn University


G.I. Bill® Questions

If you have any questions concerning your GI Bill®, please ask the AU Veterans Resource Center. If we cannot answer your questions we will then refer you to the VA Regional Office (RPO) in Muskogee, OK.

The VA Regional Office in Muskogee, OK phone number: 1-888-442-4551 Monday-Friday, 8am – 8pm (EST).

-We suggest you visit or call the AU Veterans Resource Center to first obtain your certification ID number so the VA can locate your file quickly.

You can also ask the VA a question using the Right Now Web Inquiry.

Additionally, students are encouraged to register and utilize eBenefits or to assist them in the following:

  • Obtaining up-to-date information on their educational entitlement (i.e. to look up months of entitlement left)
  • Updating their direct deposit and personal contact information
  • Downloading VA letters and personal documents
  • Viewing the current status of their payments (both education and disability)

Students can register for either a Basic or Premium account but must be enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) to obtain either account type.


VA GI Bill® Complaint System

You may submit a complaint if your school or employer is failing to follow the Principles of Excellence. VA will review the following types of complaints:

  • Recruiting/Marketing Practices
  • Quality of Education
  • Accreditation
  • Grade Policy
  • Financial Issues (e.g. Tuition/Fee charges)
  • Release of Transcripts
  • Student Loans
  • Transfer of Credits
  • Post-Graduation Job Opportunities
  • Refund Issues
  • Change in Degree Plan/Requirements
  • Other

Click this link if you feel you need to submit a complaint.

Last modified: March 27, 2020