Auburn University Scholarships
Click here to learn more about Auburn’s scholarships!
Note: Scholarships can sometimes affect Federal GI Bill® benefits. Please contact the Auburn University Veterans Resource Center for more information.
General Scholarship covering – Tuition / Books / Fees / Housing / Subsistence, etc.
In 2008, the City of Auburn and the Auburn Veterans Committee established the Auburn Veterans Scholarship Foundation. The Foundation was created in an effort to show the Auburn community’s appreciation for the sacrifices made by our service men and women and their families. Each year, the Foundation will provide two, $2,000 scholarships to assist a local veteran in attending a local, post-secondary educational institution.
- Be a uniformed U.S. Military service member on active duty, inactive reserves, or honorably discharged
- Be a current resident of Auburn, Alabama, inactive reserves, or honorably discharged from the U.S. armed forces and a graduate of a high school in Lee County, Alabama.
- Preference given to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Incoming freshmen must have a minimum 23 ACT score or the comparable SAT score.
- Requires a copy of the DD-214 Form (Report of Separation) and/or proof of student’s legal dependency
- Priority will be given to Student Veteran applicants that demonstrate financial need and winners will reapply each year.
- This scholarship is considered a “general” scholarship and it does not affect your GI Bill benefits.
- Applications for this scholarship will be available each October.