Alabama National Guard Education Assistance Program
Auburn University students serving in the Alabama National Guard may be eligible for an Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program (ANGEAP) stipend each semester. The Veterans Resource Center encourages all Alabama National Guard Members to fill out an ANGEAP application each semester.
Funding for Alabama National Guard Members:
- For Spring 2022, all ANGEAP Applications MUST be received NO LATER THAN February 15th, 2022. All applications received after this date may not receive payment for the term due to state enacted deadline of March 1, 2022.
- For Summer 2022, all ANGEAP Applications MUST be received NO LATER THAN June 1st, 2022. All applications received after this date may not receive payment for the term due to state enacted deadline of June 27, 2022.
- Effective Fall 2017 SB 315 changed the ANGEAP funding. Please review the new guidelines for ANGEAP and refer questions to the Alabama Commission on Higher Education.
***All ANGEAP applicants must have a FAFSA on file for the academic year in which you are utilizing ANGEAP.***
Required information to Auburn University:
- Supply new application to the Veterans Resource Center at the beginning of every term in which you intend to use ANGEAP.
- Your enrollment and eligible tuition and fees are sent to the state and your unit after the 15th class day; Approved payments are not received by the university until the end of every term.
- ANGEAP is the last payer; deducting any grants, scholarships, tuition assistance, state VA benefits, and/or Chapter 33: Post 9/11 Federal G.I. Bill® benefits.
Last modified: April 27, 2022