Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP)
Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP) is directly connected to Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill®.
*It is not automatically guaranteed to veterans or those utilizing the CH 33 post 9/11*
The Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP) is an agreement between the degree-granting institution and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) which splits the delta between resident tuition and non-resident tuition.
Auburn University offers, 100 YRP slots each semester. For students wishing to participate in YRP, we recommend students apply as soon as they are accepted to Auburn University.
To apply for this program, an eligible student must:
- Complete the school’s admissions process in a VA approved major at Auburn University.
- Provide a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) indicating that the student is eligible at the 100% rate for the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.
- Be a non-resident undergraduate student at Auburn University who resides outside the state.
- Maintain Good Academic Standing at Auburn University.
- Complete the online YRP application
Please note: Due to the limited amount of slots available per semester, slots are filled on a first-come first-serve basis.
Students will retain his/her YRP slot until he/she:
- Exhausts CH 33 Post 9/11 entitlements
- Graduates from Auburn University
- No longer maintains a good Academic Standing at Auburn University
(Suspension and or withdrawal of classes)